I have a notebook with a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04, no updates, no garbage, I formatted my notebook and installed the OS.
Always when do "some things" (I'll explain) i can see in $
htop the process Xorg go to 99% of CPU usage. It is freezing for about 5 seconds and but is necessary to annoy me.
these "things" thats trigges the freeze is:
- focus / select any Password field, i tested on lock screen, firefox, Steam etc.
- use any "Fn + button" like Volume + or Volume-, mousepad on / off, etc.
- use any number of the numpad keyboard
- I have a mouse Razer naga Classic, and it has a numpad, when I press that's key the so freeze too
I tryed a world of fix i found in the internet like:
- reconfigure xserver-xorg
- make the
- kill the process
- uninstall driver nvidia
- while withouth the nvidia driver, reinstall of Ubuntu-drivers
- downgrade of the nvidia drivers
- reconfigure the gdm / gdm3 idk the difference.
- tryed to use the wayland, but i dont know how
- tryed Unity, Ubuntu, Ubuntu gnome
- I notice gnome was some incompatibilities with Remote Access softwares, so I uninstall teamviewer
- The files
- The log file of Xorg
/var/log/Xorg.0.lognot log when i force the freeze
For some additional information:
dmesg output: https://pastebin.com/xjPVe7Fd
Xorg.0.log output: https://pastebin.com/2GnZD0MK
in the end of the day, the problem is alive. I search for some tips for I log or debug this problem