I'm trying to make sprite sheets out of animated gifs. The sprites are for my GPS, and each frame needs to be exactly 80x80 pixels.
I used this command:
convert -resize 80x80 input.gif g.png
which will give you N number of frames of a gif, enumerated like: g-N.png.
What I realized using the power of gimp is that the images have been scaled at some point, which is what I don't want. Shown in the attached picture, is an 80x80px section, where the following sprite over lays the area which is supposed to only be the first sprite.
The very next line in my script is:
convert +append g-*.png $outputFile
which may have a roll in this... I'm not sure.
Complete script source-code:
#!/bin/bash #set -vx # Takes an image via an argument, converts it to the sprite style my gps takes. # PNG image must be exactly 2880x150 or 2881x160 pixels in size. individual sprites, ar 80x80 px mkdir -p test2 rm test2/*.png n=`identify -format "%n\n" $1 | head -1` m=`expr $n / 2` outputFile=out`date +%s`.png #outputFile=out.png echo "N: " + $n echo "M: " + $m convert -resize 80x80 $1 test2/g.png convert +append test2/g-*.png $outputFile #convert -resize 2880x150 $outputFile #montage test2/g-$m.png $outputFile