I am trying to make Chinese input work in Ubuntu 17.10. I installed the language but the input doesn't work.
Current configuration for the input method:
- Active configuration: ibus (normally missing)
- Normal automatic choice: ibus (normally ibus or fcitx or uim)
- Override rule:
- Current override choice: (en_US)
- Current automatic choice: ibus
- Number of valid choices: 3 (normally 1)
- The override rule is defined in
- The configuration set by
im-configis activated by re-starting X.
- Explicit selection is not required to enable the automatic configuration if the active one is default/auto/cjkv/missing.
- Available input methods:
ibus fcitx xim
Unless you really need them all, please make sure to install only one input method tool.