I have Ubuntu 16.04 on a Gigabyte Aero 14 laptop having Geforce GTX 1060 VGA. Using different nvidia drivers results in different behavior. For example, "nvidia-384" and "nvidia-387" don't detect the second monitor.
Currently, I have installed
nvidia-390 (tried both .run file from nvidia website, and the package from
ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa). It works when the external monitor is attached, but when I disconnect the monitor and reboot, ubuntu crashes after login.
- I have already tried Ubuntu 16.04 + Nvidia Driver = Blank screen
- Reinstalled drivers
- Tried both UEFI disabled and enabled
- Tried Unity and Gnome
- Nouveau driver, nvidia-367, nvidia-384, and nvidia-387 don't detect my second monitor
- Tried both mini-display to VGA port, and HDMI to HDMI
sudo lshw -c videoresult: https://pastebin.com/raw/pZmkDbWC
- CPU Info: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
- BIOS info:
- In BIOS, the only option related to VGA I see is 3D Graphic Acceleration