This question already has an answer here:
I always keep my system up to date, but reboot it not very often. After an reboot the repeating input (if you hold down a key) of the keyboard stoped working. After some test with live image and so on I can give the following facts.
- its not the keyboard (tried another one)
- Its all keys (even backspace - what is really annoing)
- It depends not to my user
- it depends not on the Desktop
- IT DEPENDS ON MY INSTALLATION (live image works fine)
When I start a terminal session via
Strg+Alt+F1 then it constantly fills the input with this: "^@" so after a while it looks like
In the GUI it does not show this BUT I'm sure thats the problem.
Could not find anything online - so I hope anybody of you can help me out!
My system: LinuxMint 18.3 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) Kernel: 4.13.0-32-generic