I recently installed lubuntu
17.10.1 desktop i386 on an old laptop and I'm having troubles with some log in pages (e.g ebay and amazon) not responding.
For example if I try to log in on ebay, after I fill my credentials and click log in, the loading icon (on Firefox) starts spinning and nothing happens. The status bar simply reports:
Sending request to signin.ebay.it...
and nothing happens. The response page simply won't load. On chromium, instead, after a while the following message appears:
An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #27.dfc1402...
- using an ethernet connection everything works fine. THIS HAPPENS ONLY ON WIFI;
- when I had Windows 7 installed everything worked fine even on wifi;
- as far as I can tell this stuck-behavior happens for many but not all log in pages and for a few of them, after re-launching Firefox, I appear to be logged in (imdb.com, goodreads.com); That is, the log in process gets completed but the page isn't loaded properly;
- I can, for example, log in to stack overflow and google without issues;
- I also get stuck on some normal pages quite randomly;
- on amazon I can't even load the log in form;
- this happens with both Firefox Quantum and Chromium (latest versions);
- EVERY OTHER device at home (2x Android devices and Windows Desktop PC) works fine over wifi.
sudo lshw -c network returns
*-network:1 description: Wireless interface product: AR2413/AR2414 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5005G(S) 802.11bg] vendor: Qualcomm Atheros physical id: 4 bus info: pci@0000:09:04.0 logical name: wlp9s4 version: 01 serial: 00:16:e3:e0:91:54 width: 32 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ath5k driverversion=4.13.0-32-generic firmware=N/A ip=192.168.0.91 latency=168 link=yes maxlatency=28 mingnt=10 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11 resources: irq:22 memory:c0110000-c011ffff
I tried a few possible solutions I found over the web, but they didn't work and with me being quite new to linux, I don't know what else to do. I tried:
- disabling DNSSEC on /etc/systemd/resolved.conf (DNSSEC=no)
- network.dns.disable.IPv6 set to false on Firefox
- turning off proxies on Firefox
- setting the wireless interface mtu to 1200 (1500 would be the default)