My problem is simple but I am almost one year with it, without a final solution. I have an Asus Laptop with Ubuntu 16.04, one year ago I made a reinstall of Ubuntu 16.04 (before that, my Ubuntu 16.04 works fine) and started the problems. My laptop freeze randomly, i can't use the mouse or keyboard, the screen is on but it's freeze, I can't shutdown my laptop. It can be two hours after turn it on, it can be six, it can be twelve; it happend making anything, when I update softwares, when I browse on internet, etc.
One month ago, I changed my Laptop's Cooler and then I formated the laptop and install a basic copy of Windows 10 for testing. I used it for a week and the problem didn't happend, so I formated again and install Ubuntu 16.04 (because I need it for work). Well, the problem is back. So I read all question here with this problem, but the anwsers doesn't work with me.
- I tried to update kernel, from 4.13 to 4.15. The random freezes still. So I came back to 4.13.0-32-generic (my actual version).
- I tried this solution with the grub and c-state. The random freezes still.
- I tried to switch the drivers like this. The random freezes still.
- I tried some patches of here (its hard understand what patch is useful, and follow the conversation). The random freezes still.
- I made a Disk comprobation with GSmartControl, and my disk health is good.
- I installed and run tlp. The random freezes still.
- I updated intel microcode. The random freezes still.
- I changed to kernel 4.4.0-112-generic (my actual kernel). The random still (random happend with 4.4.0-112-generic, 4.13.0-32-generic and 4.15).
- I checked the hardware with a technician. The cooler is new (less than one month of use), and we didn't find problems on hardware. Freeze still.
- T switch from Unity to Gnome. Random freeze still.
I really don't know, everything fails. This is my Laptop specifications like say "inxi -ACDMNSG":
System: Host: xxxxx-U36SG Kernel: 4.4.0-112-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Unity 7.4.0 Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: U36SG v: 1.0 Bios: American Megatrends v: U36SG.202 date: 10/19/2011 CPU: Dual core Intel Core i5-2450M (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB clock speeds: max: 3100 MHz 1: 2494 MHz 2: 2494 MHz 3: 2494 MHz 4: 2494 MHz Graphics: Card-1: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller Card-2: NVIDIA GF119M [GeForce 610M] Display Server: X.Org 1.19.5 driver: nvidia Resolution: email@example.com GLX Renderer: GeForce 610M/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.111 Audio: Card Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.13.0-32-generic Network: Card-1: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 [Rainbow Peak] driver: iwlwifi Card-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet driver: atl1c Drives: HDD Total Size: 750.2GB (4.6% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: ST9750423AS size: 750.2GB
Im going to appreciate any help with this.
EDIT: I tried tlp, update intel microcode and switch to kernel 4.4.0-112-generic. Random freezes still. Please, I need help with this.
EDIT2: I have one syslog more: https://gist.github.com/ibuioli/cb509b1417f28b4dbb90e2ae804cb08f Look at Feb 10 18:21 (last log before freeze, 18:28 was the reset). It say this:
Feb 10 18:21:15 ignacio-U36SG gnome-session: [10052:10091:0210/182115.522763:ERROR:connection_factory_impl.cc(381)] Failed to connect to MCS endpoint with error -106
EDIT3: When I did
cat /var/log/syslog | grep -B9 Tainted I got this one time: https://gist.github.com/ibuioli/dc48e04816627c6a9768af62622324a2
EDIT4: The freezes still even with the recent updates, the freezes happens when I am using the laptop or event when is suspended. When the freeze happens, the Power Light still ON, the CPU Light is always OFF (not blink) and, sometimes, the Bloq-Mayus Light blinks steadily.