|visits||member for||2 years, 10 months|
|seen||4 hours ago|
Profile for AskUbuntu and other tech-oriented stackexchange instances:
I started with Ubuntu and Linux somewhere between 2006 and 2007. I completely migrated from Windows to Ubuntu with the release of 08.04, so I'm fairly new.
I don't like to brag about hardware, but Linux users facing compatibility issues with the following hardware that I own may contact me:
- Custom built desktop computer with Intel Ivy Bridge graphics (dualscreen setup), Lenovo T530 without discrete graphics (also runs Windows 8.1), Nexus 4 & 5 (Android/CM), Nokia Lumia 620 (WP8)
- Terratec DMX 6fire USB (ALSA/PA configuration, not JACK)
- Wacom Intuos 4 PTK-540WL
- HP 3005pr Port Replicator (DisplayLink - not used on Linux currently)
- Aten CS1794 HDMI KVMP Switch
- Logitech DiNovo Edge and some unifying receiver mice
- ...and some APC UPS
I don't follow Linux kernel development closely, but I read the Kernel-Log published on heise.de (German tech site).
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I started with DOS/GEOS/Windows on a Intel 80286 based computer... in 1996.
Note that while I may have some knowledge about graphics cards/chips and general computer technology, that I don't consider myself to be a gamer. I am interested in graphics cards technology and some of their yearly marketing bogus. I prefer reading German sites like 3dcenter.org and Golem on that topic.
|bio||website||launchpad.net/~livewirebt||visits||member for||2 years, 10 months|
|location||Germany||seen||4 hours ago|
1,338 Votes Cast
|all time||by type||month||week|