New answers tagged locale
That's bizarre. "Ta fÃªte" or "Ta fête", a UTF-8 locale system should be able to open them fine without problems. I just installed Clementine on a fresh copy of Ubuntu 13.10 and test audio files play fine no matter how I altered their pathnames. I know this sounds stupid, but could you try checking your current locale by typing locale in the terminal? I ...
I executed locale-gen en_US.UTF-8 as root and it worked great. source
It seems Clementine makes URIs out of the filenames. Spaces arent allowed in URI's, even using UTF-8. The need to be escaped by %20. Other special chars should also be escaped You could try to replace the Spaces in the filenames with underscores, hyphens etc. and the special chars like é or ê by the default latin chars, e.g. e. If you do that to the file- ...
Try adding this line: en_US.ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1 to this file: /var/lib/locales/supported.d/en. Then run dpkg-reconfigure locales in the command line.
It looks like you have these lines in your /etc/default/locale file: LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE=UTF-8 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 The LC_CTYPE setting is wrong, since "UTF-8" is not a valid locale name. Also, it makes no sense to set all those variables; I would recommend that you simply remove the LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE lines. (I saw something similar recently. It ...
Kubuntu / KDE The Kubuntu is using KDE System Settings > Locale > Country/Region & Language - Languages tab By the KDE Country/Region & Language Help Language In this tab you can set your preferred languages for the KDE Workspace and Applications to be displayed in. The list of Available Languages shows what KDE translations are ...
/etc/default/locale contains the system default settings, but if you have user level settings e.g. in ~/.pam_environment they take precedence. If you want to use en_DK.UTF-8 for a single locale category, I'd recommend that you edit your ~/.profile file and add: export LC_TIME="en_DK.UTF-8"
Install locale purge sudo apt-get install localepurge then select english as your default language. It will delete all the other language files, including hebrew, from your computer. It's also a nice way of recovering space from your ubuntu setup if you ask me.
Try configuring the system for English here: System Settings -> Language Support This article from the Ubuntu Help explains locales in depth.
As I tought, the problem is indeed caused by special characters in the file name or the path. Changing this will solves the problem. A better solution would of course be to make clementine read the special characters correctly, but I haven't found out how to do this yet, maybe it's a bug. edit: I might be this bug. edit2: On second tought, I think it ...
Seems like you run into https://launchpad.net/bugs/1258867, so sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gtk-3.0 should do it.
It depends on how you start it. Without knowing anything about the particular programs you mention, a generally convenient method is to put a small wrapper program in the ~/bin folder. To show you what I mean, I wrote such a wrapper to start gedit in Swedish (while I otherwise use English as my display language). The name of the file is ~/bin/gedit, and ...
If you are on an Ubuntu desktop, use System Settings -> Language Support. Otherwise you may want to study a general guide on setting environment variables persistently in Ubuntu.
Probably your /etc/default/locale file incorrectly includes the line LC_CTYPE="UTF-8" If so, just remove that line. (There is no "UTF-8" locale name.)
Top 50 recent answers are included