FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
FFmpeg is a suite of media encoders and decoders with support of multiple codecs and containers. It is typically used in library form by a graphical tool, or via the command-line interface which offers scriptability and portability. FFmpeg includes the
FFmpeg can be downloaded from the official homepage.
- Builds for Windows are available through Zeranoe.com.
- On Linux, it can be compiled from source, following this tutorial or installed via static builds.
- On OS X, it can be compiled from source, or is available through Homebrew, MacPorts, or static builds.
How to write a question for FFmpeg
- Always install the latest version if possible
- Include the full command line input and output, not truncating anything
- Provide a sample video if possible
The ffmpeg-user mailing list and #ffmpeg IRC channel are also good places to ask for help.