I have no idea where to start looking. I've been reading about daemons and didn't understand the concept.
More details :
- I've been writing a crawler which never stops and crawlers over RSS in the internet.
- The crawler has been written in java - therefore its a jar right now.
- I'm an administrator on a machine that has Ubuntu 11.04 .
- There is some chances for the machine to crash , so I'd like the crawler to run every time you startup the machine.
- Furthermore, I'd like it to keep running even when i logged out. I'm not sure this is possible, but most of the time I'm logged out, and I still want to it crawl.
Any ideas? Can someone point me in the right direction?
Just looking for the simplest solution.