I wanted to follow these instructions from another thread about reading eBooks:
If you install
calibre, and you just want to read a
mobi file, then you can use the ebook-reader application that installed as part of the calibre package. To do this:
- Right click on the mobi file and choose "Open with other application ..."
- expand the arrow near the bottom that says "Use a custom command"
- in the text box that appears, type "/usr/bin/ebook-reader"
- tick the box that says "Remember this application for "Mobipocket e-book" files
- click on the "Open" button
Unfortunately, that feature has disappeared/isn't available in my Ubuntu 11.10 standard install. Please can someone help me with a Terminal command-line for this.