I managed to botch up my eclipse installation by installing a plugin (MOTODEV studio). In an attempt to fix the problem I decided to go ahead and do a full reinstall of Eclipse. I followed the suggestion in this post to remove eclipse and delete the plugins. I also completely deleted my workspace folder to get rid of any configuration files there since all my projects were just tutorial programs.
The exact issue I'm having:
- Help > Check for Updates
- Some updates are listed but at the top of the dialog box just below "Available Updates" it says: "The operation cannot be completed. See the details"
- Under details it says "There were no installable units selected when the plan was computed."
- If I select the listed updates and attempt to install them then I get the error: "Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency."
I think it must be an issue with some relics of the previous installation but I'm not sure where else to look for files to delete so I can get a clean start.