Basically, I want to move / copy several logical volumes (lv) into a new volume group (vg). The new volume group reside on a new set of physical volumes. Does anyone know how to do that safely without damaging to the data inside those logical volumes??
Okay, I was able to handle the situation in my own way. Here are the steps I took:
1) Take a snapshot of the targeting logical volume.
2) Create an image copy of the snapshot content using
3) Create a new logical volume of enough size in the targeting (new) volume group.
4) Write data to the new logical volume from the image backup using
5) delete the snapshot and image backup using
That's all folks... Hope this helps to someone :)