Been going around in square circles here so any help and/or suggestions welcome!
- encrypt my backup data on shared network server (shared via NFS or SSHFS)
- want the encrypted folder to be transparent to my local machine, i.e work as a normal mounted NFS or SSHFS folder would.
- This is so that I can keep using "backintime" as a backup tool. It does everything I need except encryption.
- The encrypted folder should be mounted automatically on login. E.g. same as encrypted private directory.
- For unattended backups
- My home directory is already encrypted, but I don't just want to copy over the encrypted files because then I won't have any useful version'ing on them.
- Tried to use encfs and also Cryptkeeper. Using local folders works fine but when trying to set-up the encrypted folder on the NFS share it fails.
- Running Ubuntu Lucid, 10.04
- I'd like to set this up on all clients on the local network to backup to the same local networked server which is also running Lucid 10.04.
Thanks in advance.