I'm wanting a dual HD monitor desktop. Desktop system with two monitor outputs (1920x1080 and 1920x1200) side-by-side, displaying one X screen (Xinerama, TwinView, XRandR, whatever works). Will be running Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit with Unity 3D.
Looking for a recommended graphics card for such a setup. Other requirements:
- Dual DVI output. Or dual-HDMI output if it works with Ubuntu.
- Smooth non-buggy desktop compositing in Unity 3D/Compiz
- Smooth rendering of (Chrome) browser and non-accelerated IDE windows.
- At least 60fps on fullscreen glxgears (1920x1200 resolution), but not looking to play games.
- Smooth fullscreen video playback (just because)