I'm running a Google App Engine dev server on Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop in a VirtualBox VM, on a Windows 7 host. According to this question I have the following setup:
- The VM networking is set to use Host-only network adapter.
- Internet connection sharing (ICS) is enabled in Windows.
- For ICS, the Windows VirtualBox network port and the Ubuntu wired connection have fixed IPs.
- The Ubuntu VM can access the Internet.
- I can ping the guest from the host.
- On the host, if I put the guest IP address in Chrome's address bar, it says it can not connect.
What do I need to do from here to access the GAE dev server that is running on Localhost:8080?