I am on Ubuntu 11.10. I have installed Pidgin right after installing 11.10. As far as I remember everything worked great. However, for a while now (in the mean time I did some video drivers installation) every time I open Pidgin from the system tray, it's icon appears on the Unity launcher, but the window doesn't open.
I have managed to find only one pattern of steps which opens me the pidgin window:
1) Open pidgin from system tray. Icon appears on Unity launcher
2) Right click on the icon, quit.
3) Open pidgin again from system tray. Icon appears
4) Change my workspace to any other
5) Press the icon form the pannel
6) I am getting switched back to the original workspace and the Pidgin application finally opens.
It's a little frustrating....what do you suggest I should try?