I have installed Ubuntu One on two Android devices and two different laptops (running 10.x and now 11.1). After playing with it a bit, I have concluded that either:
- I am missing something, or
- I have unreasonable expectations (perhaps influenced by prior use of Dropbox).
Here is my experience in a nutshell:
- Photos taken by the Android devices upload to the cloud, no problem
- Those photos then download to the laptops, no problem
- Files marked for sync on the laptops upload to the cloud, no problem
But, NONE of those files download to the Android device until I try to open it.
Isn't the whole point that the files will magically appear on my mobile so they are all sync'd up and ready when I want them?
The only solution I have found so far if to physically touch each file to initiate the sync, which is far less convenient than just using an SD Card.