I have a USB sound device that used to work back when I ran other versions of Ubuntu. Now I can only partially see the device. I have tried many things I saw in Google searches, but none solve my problem.
cat /proc/asound/cards sees the device as card 0
- aplay -l shows C-Media USB Audio as card 0
- alsamixer sees the device
- asoundconf list does not show the device
- sound preferences shows no hardware
- asoundconf-gtk set the device to pulseaudio, but fails with python errors ending in
ValueError: too many values to unpackin the function set_default_card. I think this is the cause of my problem.
The device is a Sony virtual phones wireless headphone amplifier.