I upgraded to 11.10 yesterday, and since then the hgsubversion extension of mercurial no longer find the python bindings.
abort: no compatible bindings available: Subversion 1.5.0 or later required, but no bindings were found Subvertpy 0.7.4 or later required, but not found Please install either Subvertpy or the Subversion Python SWIG bindings!
However, both this packages are currently installed (version 1.6.12dfsg-4ubuntu5 for python-subversion and version 0.8.3-1 for python-subvertpy).
Initially I was using hgsubversion pulled from their mercurial repository, which I had to update following mercurial update, so I'm now at revision 836 (October 12th). As I saw there was now a package for hgsubversion in the repository (don't know when it has been added), I tried with that version as well, but to no avail.
So far, here's what I tried to fix the problem or help diagnose:
- I reinstalled subversion, mercurial, python and both bindings package.
- I noticed I had python 2.6 and python 2.7, so I removed python 2.6.
- Forcing the use of Subvertpy with HGSUBVERSION_BINDINGS="Subvertpy":
abort: Subvertpy 0.7.4 or later required, but not found!
- Forcing the use of SWIG bindings with HGSUBVEERSION_BINDINGS="SWIG":
abort: Subversion 1.5.0 or later required, but no bindings were found!
- Tried using alternatively both the Ubuntu package version of hgsubversion (1.2.1-2.1) and the latest version pulled from hgsbuversion repository.
Does anyone know why would that happen and what should I have to do to fix it?
Edit: forgot a few version informations
python --version Python 2.7.2+
package version: 2.7.2-5ubuntu1
hg version Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.9.1)
package version: 1.9.1-1ubuntu0.1