LightDM is the new login manager, and is meant to be themeable using HTML and CSS. How do I do that in Ubuntu 11.10? Can I use my own HTML file with my own text?
Things I've tried:
- I've spent a little while googling about and found nothing very useful so far, apart from how to change the background image.
- There is a launchpad answer referencing a theme directory but no clue as to what should go in the theme directory. It appears there used to be a
/usr/share/lightdm/themesdirectory, but it is not on my system.
- I've spent a while looking but haven't found the files the current theme is in - if I could find that I could try copying and adapt it - I've done
dpkg -Lof both the lightdm and unity-greeter packages but not seen any HTML or CSS files.
- I have found the LightDM Reference Manual but that appears to be an API reference, not a configuration guide.
- I have tried browsing the LightDM code but can't find any sample HTML/CSS files.
Edit: To clarify I'd like to be able to edit an HTML file so I can add text to the login screen, not just change the fonts and background image. Sorry to @jokerdino who answered an unclear question.
Edit 2: Found a few more clues, but will have to play with them later.
- I have found
/usr/share/lightdm-gtk-greeter/greeter.uiwhich is part of the lightdm-gtk-greeter package. It is an XML file that looks a bit like the login screen, but I'm not familiar with how to edit that.