Ubuntu Core's wiki page page contains the instructions to install Ubuntu Core on a target media:
- Uncompress (do not unpack) rootfs
- Format target media: at least one partition should be
- Unpack Ubuntu Core to
- Install boot-loader
- Install Linux
- If the Linux kernel requires modules, add these to
/lib/modules/$(uname -r)in the
- Boot the target device
- Install any additional required software using
But what are the specific commands to do the above? The things I'm specifically confused about are:
- Uncompressing and unpacking, what's the difference and how do I do them?
- What package should I install if I want the generic kernel provided in regular Ubuntu installation?
- I won't be installing any drivers or anything related to kernel other than what's provided in the repos, do I need to worry about manually adding kernel modules?
PS I would like to request that all the commands used in the installation process be mentioned in the answer, for the benefit of ones who're completely unfamiliar and myself, should I ever forget.