How to customize live Ubuntu CD?
Ubuntu 11.10 release is just round the corner, and for the first time, I need to remaster the original LiveCD as per my (including most of the colleagues) needs. I'm totally new to remastering Live ISOs and all I know is that I've just "heard" about remastersys which can be used to do this.
Below are the things I'll tweak with original ISO.
- Add GNOME Shell (3.2) as desktop environment choice, alongside shipped Unity. (most important)
- Install all restricted Codecs for media playback.
- Set default theme for GNOME Shell (along with wallpapers, icons and GTK3).
- Include Chrome and other similar apps with standard installation.
- Install some handy GNOME Shell extensions.
- It should still be a LiveCD (DVD in this case).
I'm not bothered about increased size of ISO due to above bloat that I add.
So, these are my needs, I can do all sorts of customizations but don't know how to include that in ISO, and that's where remastering comes into the picture. So where should I start from?
Note: I'm not bound to use only Remastersys, any other similar app will also do for me as long as it accomplishes above requirements.