I own a Belkin wireless USB adapter. It seems to be supported by the rtl8192cu driver in 11.10 betas, which is great, because in 11.04 the driver had to be compiled/installed manually. But, nobody is perfect, and I seem to have some driver-related problems with the dongle.
It seems that it is able to connect only after several retries (taking the dongle out and plugging it in another port), or after a reboot, or sometimes at the first boot.
I don't know how to diagnose this wireless things from the command line, so I'll tell you what I see in Kubuntu's network manager: When it can't connect, it says "Configuring interface" for a loong time, and then sometimes "Waiting for authorization". Nothing else.
What I'm asking is:
- What type of information (logs, traces, etc), and
- How do I exactly get it (where is it, is there a special command like dmesg),
in order to
- try to troubleshoot the problem myself,
- Have better chances to spot a duplicate bug report.
- Provide that information in a new bug report.
I'd appreciate as much information as possible regarding this matter, because I've never done it but I've already needed it in the past.
UPDATE I've finally filed a bug report on this matter. Does anybody know why might be this happening?