Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. It's 100% free.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does one of you know a sexy and clean editor?

Most of them look very fuzzy on me, well, i think Ubuntu in a general sense looks very fuzzy. Does anyone know why?

Well, I can't really tell you how i mean it, but if have a look at windows, OS X and gnome or KDE, both of them seems very fuzzy, the font is not clean and so on.

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by James, RolandiXor, fossfreedom, Lekensteyn, Marco Ceppi Sep 22 '11 at 22:01

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Sexy... O.o? I know what you mean but... – RolandiXor Sep 22 '11 at 20:12
It seems that some particular editor won't help you but your problem is how you feel about the fonts look. Have a look at… – N.N. Sep 22 '11 at 20:27
Editor for what? A word processor? A text editor for programming? – Lekensteyn Sep 22 '11 at 20:37
Philipp: you will need to clarify what you want to know. Your question is not clear and will likely be closed. – Richard Holloway Sep 22 '11 at 20:50
up vote 3 down vote accepted

This isn't the editor's fault. You are referring to "sub-pixel smoothing". This is what Ubuntu (and OSX) use to make fonts less blocky. Of course you can always turn it of by going into the Gnome2 appearance settings under the font tab. Just select the radio button next to the font "look" you like best.

share|improve this answer
The question might be vague, but I suspect bntser nailed the answer. :) – Mark Russell Sep 22 '11 at 22:36

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.