I followed this post on AU and then downgraded back to 2.32. Then I followed a tip in a post asking me to add the gnome3 PPA to install a package
dconf-settings-backend because my settings weren't being remembered even after installing
libdconf0. Now I have the following issues:
- The time it takes from gdm login for the desktop-background to paint and the notification area icons to appear and conky to load has gotten high which wasn't the case earlier.
- Although I am connected to a network and can browse the internet, there is no network icon in my notification area.
- Although there are files in my Desktop folder, I am unable to see them except for
- The buttons to close, minimize and maximize have disappeared from all windows.
- Nautilus doesn't open. When I try to open nautilus via the terminal I encounter this error:
nits@nits-workstation:~$ nautilus . Gtk-ERROR **: GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported aborting... Aborted
I am guessing there is a package confusion with the upgrade from and downgrade back to Gnome2. Please help me fix this. Thanks.