I am currently ripping my entire CD collection, thus generating large music files. My scenario is:
- Rip music to add locally and to iPod
- use Sound Juicer pointed to Music folder
- Music folder is set up to sync with Ubuntu One,
- Rip music not intended for iPod
- send to custom destination which is set up to sync with Ubuntu One
- Finally, transfer files in Music folder from Rhythmbox to iPod.
This scenario worked really well until I ran out of space on my laptop and had to transfer ripped files from the Music folder and custom destination to an external hard drive.
When removing files from these folders, they were also removed from Ubuntu One. I re-added them and then stopped the automatic sync. I now add my ripped music to my Ubuntu One folder on my laptop, but need to find a way to allow me to remove music from a folder which is set up to sync on my computer without removing them on Ubuntu One.
I'm not sure if this makes sense, maybe I am coming at this from a wrong angle anyway.