I want access to two networks:
- a PPPoE network: for external computers (www, etc.)
- IP(dhcp), DNS, default route
- a LAN for access to other local computers (local file sharing)
- IP(dhcp), no DNS, only LAN route
Both networks are setup through the same Ethernet connection.
One way of accessing both networks at the same time is to connect to PPPoE from network-manager, and add the LAN info by hand:
- add an IP on eth0
- add a route for traffic to that network
I can configure two distinct connections in NetworkManager, but because both are on the same physical (Ethernet) network, selecting one of them makes the other one disconnect => can't have both of them at the same time.
Is there a way to have both of the active simultaneously?