I installed Ubuntu on my laptop and it was successful. I liked it so much that I wanted to install it on my desktop.
When I try to install onto the desktop the monitor goes to sleep when Ubuntu is halfway installed.
I think the graphics cards is an issue, but I don't know. I have a Nvidia GeForce 9600 Gs graphics card.
I've tried the following but these have not worked - the monitor always goes to sleep:
- two different monitors via VGA.
- dual boot with wubi
- installing via the live CD
- installed a brand new hard drive just for Ubuntu,
- Installing via the alternate CD
- Tried Nomodeset
- Tried Noapic
- I found the solution to my problem graphic card was over heating. Is fix now and ubuntu is up and running.Thank you guys for the help!!!!!