When I create a launcher item for jvisualvm according to the regular procedure described here, it does not behave as expected. Instead of just starting the app, it starts the app as a different item... What's going on???
Steps to reproduce:
- Download and install Oracle JDK 1.7.0 in ~/jdk1.7.0 here
- Create a visualvm.desktop file according to the regular procedure, set the executable to be ~/jdk1.7.0/bin/jvisualvm
- Drag the visualvm.desktop file onto the launcher
- Start the app via the new launcher
- VisualVM starts as a regular app
What actually happens:
- VisualVM does start up, but it manifests as a new, different item in the launcher instead of the one I just created
- This new item has a nice icon, so I try to keep it instead of the old one by checking "Keep In Launcher", however, when I click on this new item, nothing happens???
So my question is this: how can I create a well-behaved item in the launcher for jvisualvm?