Usually I am not even able to watch film from start to end.
I use Acer Aspire 5930
OS is Ubuntu 11.04
I use Classic Ubuntu desktop (AFAIK it really means GNOME2)
I know, that:
- I can decrease brightness
- I can switch off bluetooth
- I can use Classic Ubuntu(no effects) (Don't really sure that it helps, It change appearance, though)
- I can kill some daemons i.e Dropbox
What is my question? A lot of time I work with my laptop from my home and battery is not used. In This time I want to see all beauty and speed of my system. Now I want to know:
- What can I do more to increase time of work from battery
- What kind of daemons are used by default by really I not need it when I’m not in my home?
- How can I do it automatically when I start work from battery and stop it when I stop.