Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am a Linux enthusiast with some very basic programming experience and I am currently trying to set up a touch surface interface using Microsoft's Kinect and Simple Kinect Touch software. I am in the process of building the software and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what a "Mono Wrapper" is. The README file tells you that it is optional to install this with the software but I am curious none the less :P.

Thanks in advance!

share|improve this question
Also it would be nice to know why this question got "down" voted so I can make sure that I ask better questions in future. :) – Grant Jul 4 '11 at 17:08
It was most likely down voted because it is not Ubuntu related – mschulze Jul 4 '11 at 17:15
Yeah I suppose so, I think I've started thinking of ask ubuntu as a general Q&A site when its not really. I'll try to keep this in mind in future. – Grant Jul 4 '11 at 17:27
up vote 5 down vote accepted

A mono-wrapper is just a layer on top of a library allowing you to use the library with mono.

share|improve this answer

Mono is an open source .net framework

share|improve this answer
I found the site and discovered this literally just 5 minutes before you posted this :P thanks for the info tho! – Grant Jul 4 '11 at 17:28

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.