I've got a bug filed as my USB3 thumb drive in Maverick and Natty only gets detected as a USB2 device (please find some details below).
- Has anyone an idea how to troubleshoot that further or get it fixed?
- Can anybody confirm USB3 devices working on an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 motherboard (with a NEC uPD720200 USB 3.0 onboard chip) on any of both USB3 ports?
What I've also done to troubleshoot/fix without success is:
- checked all USB ports to be sure not to use the wrong one
- blacklisted the usb2 kernel module (ehci_hcd) to enforce loading of usb3 kernel module (xhci_hcd) while connecting the thumb drive
- checked different upstream kernel instead of the default Ubuntu kernel
- checked different Ubuntu kernel (also from kernal-ppa)