When I close the lid of my laptop, it suspends. When I open the lid and push a key, it wakes as expected. If it has been five minutes (the timer for
xscreensaver), the screen will be locked. If it has been less than five minutes, the screen will not be locked.
- Suspending from the user menu (Action Buttons panel plugin) works correctly, i.e. xscreensaver is triggered and locks the screen on wake.
- Light Locker is disabled, and I'm using xscreensaver.
- xscreensaver settings:
Blank after 5 minutes
Lock screen after 0 minutes
xscreensaver's power management options are disabled.
- Power Manager settings:
On AC -> When laptop lid is closed -> Suspend
On Battery -> When laptop lid is closed -> Suspend
Extended -> Lock screen when goin for suspend/hibernate -> checked
- Initial install was Xubuntu 13.04, then updated to 13.10, and finally 14.04.
- Problem did not exist with initial 14.04 upgrade.
- uname -srvpio = Linux 3.13.0-32-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 03:51:12 UTC 2014 i686 i686 GNU/Linux
- Laptop model: ASUS X53E
- Manually locking screen, or timer activated screensaver before screen closure remains locked after wake.