I have some raw partition images created using
dd this way:
dd if=/dev/sdXY of=/path/file.img
I know I can mount them using:
sudo mkdir /media/mountpoint sudo mount -o loop /path/file.img /media/mountpoint
But... is there any easier way? I would like to have the same functionaly and ease-of-use as Nautilus handles .ISO CD/DVD images, which is:
- Double click to mount
- It shows up in Desktop and in Nautilus left panel
- Auto-detects filesystem (as mount does)
- No need of sudo or administrator privileges
- No need to pre-create a mountpoint folder (or to delete it afterwards)
- Handy "Eject" button to unmount
Ive tried renaming the images as .IMG, .BIN, .ISO, with no sucess. Also tried configuring Opwn With > Archive Mounter, and it didnt work.
How can I do that?