I am currently attempting to play Battleswarm: Field of Honor through a Wine in Ubuntu. While the installation was successful, the in-game stuff was riddled with bugs for me, preventing me to play at all.
- No sound (occasional volume spikes but then stops later).
- No mouse cursor (needless to say the cursor in game has vanished).
- Unable so see ground, sky, or player models, replaced by useless color... (also splits game screen into 4 sections).
Proposed solutions are:
- Install DirectX 9 through Wine and Winetricks (need help installing that...)
- Turn off screen graphics (did nothing)
- Update to a Wine version of 1.3 to fix cursor problem (currently mine is 1.2)
Now if someone can give me a few pointers, that would be great.