I am using:
- PuTTY [release 0.63]
- TightVNC Viewer for windows [version 2.7.10]
- windows server 2012 r2 on Windows Azure.
To connect remote desktop of my Ubuntu machine on windows azure [Ubuntu 13.10]. I have installed desktop and get the result of the command
vncserver -geometry 1440x900 like below:
New 'paulubuntu:1(azureuser)' desktop is paulubuntu:1 Starting applications specified in /home/azureuser/.vnc/xstartup Log file is /home/azureuser/.vnc/paulubuntu:1.log
and then open the the vncviewer, enter my password correctly, the only screen display to me is a gray screen with the following 3 lines in it:
- Accept clipboard from viewers.
- Send clipboard to viewers.
- Send primary selection to viewers.
Is there some issue to display my desktop? I am newbie to Linux system, any idea would be appreciated.