I tried to print the test page, but I got this error message. I installed the LPR driver first, then the cupswrapper from this site: http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#MFC-6890CDW
How can I fix this?
The Cups error-log:
E [03/Jun/2011:21:05:52 +0200] [CGI] Timeout reached E [03/Jun/2011:21:05:52 +0200] [CGI] Timeout reached E [03/Jun/2011:21:11:44 +0200] [Job 2] Keine %%BoundingBox: Kommentar im Header! E [03/Jun/2011:21:15:52 +0200] [Job 4] Keine %%BoundingBox: Kommentar im Header!
- Printer: Brother MFC6890CDW
- OS: Ubuntu 11.04
- URI: usb:/dev/usb/lp0
- The output of dpkg -l grep -i brother:
- ii brother-cups-wrapper-common 1.0.0-10-0ubuntu5 Common files for Brother cups wrapper packages
- ii brother-cups-wrapper-extra 1.2.1-0ubuntu3 Cups Wrapper drivers for extra brother printers
- ii brother-lpr-drivers-common 1.0.0-4-0ubuntu1 Common files for brother-lpr-drivers packages
- ii brother-lpr-drivers-extra 1.2.0-2-0ubuntu4 - rc mfc6890cdwlpr 1.1.2-4 Brother lpr Inkjet Printer Definitions
Now I installed the drivers from the software center, but in none of the desciptions the exact name of my printer. It isn't even recognized in the print-dialogue now.
I think the issue is that the printer uses Wifi and I was using Ethernet. Apparently can either be used over LAN or WLAN, but not both at the same time. I will try to access it via WLAN later.