Version - Ubuntu 14.04 (also tried 13.10 and 12.10)
Machine - Lenovo R61e (Laptop)
I have been unable to determine what the problem is and I'm really hoping someone here has some suggestions.
- (in any text-input or word program) I press a key on the built-in Keyboard
- Nothing happens for a period of time
- After a delay, the key will input repeatedly, as if stuck or held down
- I move the mouse and it stops
- I press a key and then immediately move the mouse
- The key will input properly without repeating, but only after the mouse movement
- I plug in a USB (or wireless) Keyboard
- Keyboard inputs properly; no problems
I am stuck between thinking this is a hardware issue (which I doubt, due to no issues previously on Windows XP) and a driver issue (which I have no idea how to troubleshoot).
Does this make sense to anyone else? Anything I can try to help narrow down the problem?