Take the 2-minute tour ×
Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I Have dual Boot OS, Ubuntu and Windows. I want to resize the Ubuntu file system partition that I take from Windows NTFS Partition

Here The Harddrive:


  • C:\ = 50 GB

  • D:\ = 230 GB


  • / 20GB

  • /swap = 1 GB

and I want to resize the D:\ Partition and Add it to / on ubuntu. so the D:\ partition only have 200GB and the ubuntu partition have 50GB.

I know how to resize the windows D:\ partition by using a software, but I don't know how to add the unallocated drive (unallocated drive from windows ntfs) to ubuntu (ext4) file system. I'm affraid if I will broke the grub or the MBR.

share|improve this question
just take a screenshot of your gparted partition editor tool and then upload the taken screenshot to imgur.com. Finally post back the uploaded link here. –  Avinash Raj May 2 '14 at 13:19
here the screen shot of my gparted i.imgur.com/mX0LyZ6.png –  Mimbar Adi Nugraha May 3 '14 at 0:27

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.