I naively updated to Ubuntu 11.04; in the past I never had problems with Ubuntu updates. But 11.04 totally messed up my desktop.
- My task bar at the bottom is missing
- The bar at the top mixes up window titles and menus
- The new bar at the left constantly disappears and i need to pull the mouse 3 to 5 times against the left border to show it again, extremely annoying to switch windows
- I don't see how to keep it visible
- I don't see how to pull that bar to the bottom
- I don't see how to open two terminal windows, it just actives the existing window
- The upper half of the first icon random flashes up on the screen when I do things not related to that bar
- I don't see how to start programs without typing in the name. okay, there are videos saying that is is a super cool feature, but I'd still prefer the menu.
How do I get a working desktop environment back? Preferable the gnome environment i had before the update.