If you are talking about the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 then i can confirm it works perfectly because i have the same one ;)
The following things work perfectly:
- Microphone (Although you need to specify in the sound configuration that you want to use the Mic from the Webcam if you have another Mic connected)
- Changing Brightness, Contrast and Focus.
- Taking Pictures (With Cheese for example).
- Video Recording (If you get slow video then just point the Webcam to some BRIGHT light source then slowly point it to the place you want to record or take a picture. The webcam will auto correct itself)
- Very good lighting (Even in Dark places it does a good job, at least for a Webcam)
- You can change resolution in programs like Cheese (It has very high Resolutions but it lags a little on the higher ones.)
In my case to make it work in Ubuntu 11.04 was this:
- Install Ubuntu 11.04
- Connect Webcam
- OMG IT WORKS!!
EDIT - Confirmed again i even used the Motion Tracker program motion and it detected my brother sloooooowly entering the room GOTCHA!!