I have just installed the newest version of the ubuntu on my Macbook Pro. Right from the start, after I had done the upgrade, the OS showed a error window with the following message:
Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
• a bug in libxklavier library
• a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
• X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
• The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
• The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
Here are the results of the commands in the last two lines:
- xprop -root | grep XKB :
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "evdev", "applealu_ansi", "pt", "mac",
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "evdev", "applealu_ansi", "pt", "mac",
- gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
layouts = [pt mac,pt]
options = 
Plus the keyboard is all messed up! And I tried to change the keyboard layout and configuration, but it shows the same error message. I dont know if there is anyone with the same problem.
Thanks in advance!