Model: Asus N550JV
OS: I have a dual boot Win8 and Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. UEFI boot
Problem: The battery is not recharging anymore. It means the computer works as usual but once I plugged off the charger the battery level only goes down. Even if I plug in the charger, the battery level stays the same. As a result there is a red light blinking in the battery led.
Hereunder there are some details
The (battery) red light is blinking when:
- computer off, charger plugged in
- computer on, charger plugged in
- computer on, charger plugged of
When the red light started blinking the first time happened the following:
- (previously there is no problem)
- I turned on the computer and, for some unknown reasons, since the beginning the two fans were running at 100%.
- once I logged in, the operating system (OS) didn't recognize the battery, like my pc was a desktop and not a notebook (the two fans were still running at 100%)
- I turned off and turned on the PC: fans are ok, but the battery red light is blinking as above.
My best guess is that it's an hardware problem, however I gave back my computer to repair (it is under warranty) and they gave me the another computer (same model) as substitution, moving the HD from one PC to the another. Even in the second PC now I have the same problem.
Here it is my Boot repair info log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/7119508/
Here it is my dmesg: http://paste.ubuntu.com/7119802/
I'm open to any suggestion and to provide you any details. Thanks in advance