Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy) is running inside a Parallels Desktop version 8 for Mac virtual machine (KVM) and has telnet installed for remote access. To remotely access Ubuntu, the Mac terminal application is used. Inside terminal the
telnet <hostname> command was used and later on a
fakeroot ... to start building a custom kernel.
However when compiling the kernel,
cc1 failure output (
Out of memory: Kill process) is shown on virtual console #1 (tty1) display and not inside the telnet session running at pts/0 where I need the stdout output.
I have read:
- How can you mirror the stdout of one terminal to another one?
- Redirect console to /dev/pts/0
but that doesn't give me enough clue.
- remotely access tty1 inside a terminal application?
- show the tty1 output in the corresponding pts session where the
fakeroot ...command was executed?
- show the tty1 output in all pts sessions?