I would like to make a compressed file of my web sites folder and send it to a backups folder, and I can't seem to find anything specific on google.
- My web folder is:
- Backups folder is:
- Would there be any issues gziping while nginx/apache running?
- Also I have the permission set to 755, is this ok?
- Do I need to tarball before I gzip it?
- Will this overwrite a previous gzip?
- Is there a way to automatically append the date?...That would be great!
I have been manually doing this in Cyberduck ... what a pain!