I have posted previously regarding a similar problem but now I've managed to get a bit further following various tutorials and solutions of others, not being sure of what's really going on though or the fact that it's quite a tailor made situation.
You can find a link below of the boot-repair url chucked out after I tried to restore the MBR.
- I have an SSD with windows 7 and a HDD with Ubuntu 13.10
- Currently booting using grub2 (I believe, the background is purple if thats what makes it 2)(I would like to boot from my SSD, but at the moment getting windows to work any way possible is fine with me)
- I have tried changing the bios settings to make SSD top of list; windows says BOOTMGR is missing
- The windows repair CD doesn't allow me to repair the boot
- I tried doing something along the lines of this tutorial here!
I'm sure theres a solution. Out of fear of having damaged my windows drive all the files are still there so I would like to believe my installation process was correct. I created partitions on the 2nd drive as per standards so as to have:
- a boot partition
- a root partition
- a normal space
- a linux-swap