I use Ubuntu 11.04 on a laptop. I have three monitor configurations:
- Work: disable laptop monitor, use external 1920 X 1200 monitor
- Home: disable laptop monitor, use external 1680 x 1050 monitor
- Other: just laptop monitor
I use NVIDIA X Server settings to switch between monitor configurations.
- The ideal situation would be that the monitor configuration could be activated based on what external monitor was plugged into the laptop.
- Another reasonable option would be to have a shortcut key that toggled between the three laptop configurations (or perhaps three shortcut keys, one for each configuration).
- How can I more simply switch between monitor configurations?