My current setup:
- Ubuntu 10.04
- Banshee 1.6 (I followed the instructions to set up the PPA and get the latest version)
- IPod 5th gen video (MA147LL) with firmware 1.3
Here is the issue:
- I restore the Ipod on a windows machine
- I plug in the Ipod on the Ubuntu machine
- I set the sync preferences to be "Sync to " and "Sync when connected and when libraries change"
- Banshee says it is syncing with the Ipod
- When it says it's done, I disconnect the Ipod and there are no songs or playlist on the Ipod
- When I plug the Ipod back into the Ubuntu box, Banshee tells me the database on the ipod is too new or needs to be repaired.
If log snippets or anything else would help in resolving this, please let me know.
So it doesn't work with 1.7.5 either.
Here is the link to the bug I opened for this: